The Canadian Biosample Repository (CBSR) follows Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) in sample transport, sample processing, sample inventory, long-term sample integrity, and rapid retrieval of critical biomaterials. This way, investigators can focus on their research and avoid unnecessary investment in equipment, staffing and storage facilities.
Investigators who use our services can concentrate their limited human resources on research while we provide low cost, high quality processing, storage and retrieval. Our efficient sample retrieval strategies picks and ships samples to investigators quicker than they could pull them from freezers in their own labs, while maintaining a real-time inventory of all samples stored at the facility. By partnering with CBSR, investigators more efficiently meet their research goals while enjoying the benefits of robust inventory management system in a secure, state-of-the-art facility.
We handle a wide range of sample and specimen types, including:
- Blood (whole blood, serum & plasma, buffy coat)
- Ficoll extraction of Peripheral blood mononuclear cells
- Body Fluids (including CSF, bile, urine, semen and feces)
- Bone Marrow
- Snap Frozen Pathology specimens (liver, stomach, large and small bowel, kidney, and vascular biopsies)
- Fixed tissue preparations (cytology/histology slide preparations)
- Tissue blocks (paraffin, embedded, frozen, and other preparations)
- Genomic and proteomic materials (DNA, RNA)
CBSR will work with investigators to coordinate and achieve optimal results for their specific requirements. This includes:
- Setting up outside clinics for specimen collection through the use of our software and clinical trial kits.
- Following Unique protocols as well as developing and instituting standard operating procedures that cater to the investigator’s unique requirements.
- Providing accurate real time reports for all specimens stored at the facility.